Slow Cooker 7 Can Soup is one of the easiest – yet tastiest – crockpot meals you could ever make. The Tex-Mex flavors from the Rotel tomatoes, cheddar cheese soup, and ranch style beans create a quick soup that can be served in a number of ways.
This type of soup would pair wonderfully with our Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken, making an entire meal perfect for lunch, dinner, or a potluck.
Why This Recipe Works
The only prep for this absolutely delicious recipe is removing the tops from the seven cans. All the flavors are already packed into each ingredient, meaning all you need to do is dump and go. Depending on how quickly you need the seven can soup to be done, you can have it done in as little as 2 hours!
This is one of those delicious recipes that is sure to become a family favorite. Keep reading to see how super easy it is to make and ideas for serving.
- No Bean Chili – This chili will give the soup a perfect amount of already cooked lean ground beef and chili flavor.
- Whole Kernel Corn – Add a bit of color and extra texture to the soup recipe.
- Cheddar Cheese Soup – Creates a cheesy taste to the soup base.
- Ranch Style Beans – Similar to baked beans minus the sweetness. Instead, these beans (and their juice) have chili powder, onion, cumin, and a few other flavors.
- Veg All – These mixed vegetables that have green beans, potatoes, corn, peas and carrots, provide more wholeness and thickness to the overall soup.
- Diced Tomatoes – Tomatoes that have already been diced to a fork-friendly size. You can also use petite diced tomatoes.
- Rotel – More diced tomatoes, except with the addition of green chiles, both which add a nice flavor.
Step by Step Directions
Step One – Add the contents of all seven cans into the crock pot.
Step Two – Stir and cook on LOW for 4 hours or on HIGH for 2 hours.
- Adding a can of cooked chicken breast will create a heartier meal without having to cook the chicken and then add it to the soup.
- Some recipes suggest adding taco seasoning to help with adding a Mexican-inspired flavor.
- Chicken broth can be added but you’ll need to drain the cans so it doesn’t overflow.
- Leave out the no-bean chili for a vegetable soup, and add another can of beans for more protein.
- Serve a bowl of 7 can soup with homemade cornbread or another type of bread of your choice.
- Dress up the soup with shredded cheese, a dollop of sour cream, diced jalapenos, and/or avocado slices.
- This soup can be poured over freshly cooked and shredded chicken, tortilla chips, or even a baked potato.
Adding pepper, red pepper flakes, fire-roasted green chiles, or jalapenos is the quickest way to make it spicy. You can also add a packet of hot taco seasoning or a can of hot enchilada sauce.
Add any remaining soup into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. This soup also freezes well (in a freezer safe bag or container) and will keep up to 3 months.
Pinto beans, kidney beans, black beans, and chili beans are great additions to this soup.
Sure! Frozen corn and frozen vegetables can be added instead of the canned versions.
Want to make more magic in your crockpot? Stay up to date and subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Tik Tok, and YouTube.
Slow Cooker 7 Can Soup
Add all contents of the cans to your slow cooker. Do not drain, do not add water.
Cook on HIGH for 2 hours or LOW for 4 hours.
Stir before serving. Add salt and pepper to taste if desired.
Prevent your screen from going dark
- Make it spicy: Adding pepper, red pepper flakes, or jalapenos is the quickest way to make it spicy. You can also add a packet of hot taco seasoning or a can of hot enchilada sauce.
- Add any remaining soup into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. This soup also freezes well (in a freezer safe bag or container) and will keep up to 3 months.
- Frozen corn and frozen vegetables can be added instead of the canned versions.
- Instead of Ranch style beans, pinto beans, kidney beans, black beans, and chili beans are great additions to this soup.
Calories: 234kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 649mg | Potassium: 903mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 3272IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 104mg | Iron: 4mg
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.
More Slow Cooker Soup Recipes: