This slow cooker coconut bread pudding is bursting with coconut and lime flavor and also has a soft texture that will leave your tastebuds wanting more. The recipe is easy to make, and the end result is a delicious dessert worth sharing with others.
Why this works
Bread pudding is a dessert that’s quite popular in many countries. It’s typically a go-to when looking for a way to use up stale bread. Instead of throwing it away, it can be combined with a few other ingredients to make a yummy bread dessert. This coconut bread pudding recipe is just one of the ways you can use the bread you have on hand along with a few other pantry (and refrigerator) staples. In a way, this recipe takes like coconut cream french toast!
Thanks to the short cooking time, this is a recipe you can start in the morning and serve during brunch or later in the day for a yummy snack. Making bread pudding doesn’t have to be hard with this recipe!
- Bread: You’ll need a 20 oz loaf of white bread (fresh or stale will do).
- Eggs: Helps hold the bread pudding together.
- Coconut Milk: Combined with other liquids to make a coconut-flavored base.
- Coconut Extract: Enhances the coconut flavor.
- Coconut: Flaked coconut used for garnish.
- Butter: Melted and added to the wet mixture for an added flavor.
- Sugar: Adds a bit of sweetness to the bread pudding.
- Lime: The juice is used in the wet mix, and zest is an optional use for garnish.
Step One – Place bread on a cutting board and cut into 1-inch cubes.
Step Two – In a medium bowl, beat coconut milk, eggs, sugar, melted butter, coconut extract, and lime juice. Set aside.
Step Three – Place bread cubes and coconut flakes into the slow cooker.
Step Four – Pour the wet mixture over the bread cubes and coconut.
Step Five – Zest 1 lime over the top of the bread.
Step Six – Stir until evenly coated. Cover, and cook on low heat for 2 ½ to 3 hours, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve the coconut cream bread pudding in bowls and enjoy!
How to serve?
- Topping Suggestions: Whipped cream, chopped fruit, crumbled pecans, and/or a coconut glaze would make perfect toppings for this bread pudding. Don’t forget to top it with extra coconut and lemon zest too. For an added sweetness, sprinkle a bit of confectioners sugar on top as well.
- Side suggestions: Since this is a hearty dessert, serving it alongside a bowl of fruit, a scoop of ice cream, or dessert sauce for dipping would suffice.
Yes. Combine all of the ingredients and store them in an airtight Ziploc bag and place in the fridge overnight. When you’re ready to cook it (within 24 hours), add everything to the slow cooker and cook as directed.
All types can be used, from white sandwich bread, brioche, baguettes, white sourdough, french bread, or even croissants.
Sure! If you like nuts, consider adding crushed pecans. You can also add chocolate chips or raisins. For a spicier touch, consider a splash of brandy or dark rum. Give it another kick in taste by adding a teaspoon ground cinnamon.
This is a personal preference as it is good either way!
Want to make more magic in your crockpot? Stay up to date and subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Tik Tok, and YouTube.
Slow Cooker Coconut Bread Pudding
Cocount milk and lime flavor this easy slow cooker coconut bread pudding. Great topped with whipped cream!
Cube 1 loaf of bread and add to the crock pot. Top with coconut flakes.
Juice 2 limes.
In a medium bowl, beat coconut milk, eggs, sugar, melted butter, coconut extract, and lime juice. Pour over the bread and coconut flakes and toss to evenly coat. Zest 1 lime over the top of the bread.
Cover, and cook on low heat for 2 ½ to 3 hours, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Serve warm with whipped cream and lime slices. Garnish with additional coconut flakes and lime zest if desired. Enjoy!
Prevent your screen from going dark
- All types can be used from white sandwich bread, brioche, baguettes, white sourdough, or even croissants.
- If you like nuts, consider adding crushed pecans. You can also add chocolate chips or raisins. For a spicier touch, consider a splash of brandy or dark rum. Give it another kich in taste by adding a teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- To make ahead of time: Combine all of the ingredients and store them in an airtight Ziploc bag and place in the fridge overnight. When you’re ready to cook it (within 24 hours), add everything to the slow cooker and cook as directed.
Calories: 534kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 494mg | Potassium: 362mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 309IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 183mg | Iron: 4mg
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.
More Slow Cooker Dessert Recipes