Simple and filled with delicious flavor, this slow cooker pizza dip is sure to be a family favorite. Not to mention, it makes for a great party dip too! With only six ingredients and a dump-and-go prep, you can’t go wrong with giving this pizza dip recipe a try!
If you’re looking for another pizza-related slow cooker recipe, try our Slow Cooker Pizza Meatballs or Pizza 15 Bean Soup recipes.
Why this recipe works
When you’re looking for a quick and easy dip to make, this crock pot pizza dip is all that and more. The most prep you’ll do is slicing pepperoni into quarters. The other ingredients are dumped into the slow cooker as is. Cooking time is incredibly short, with this pepperoni pizza dip being done in as little as an hour.
This crowd pleasing recipe also works because it is versatile when it comes to variations and serving. We have some suggestions below and just know the possibilities are many. This perfect appetizer is an excellent idea for a number of gatherings, including game day, a church potluck, or even a New Year’s Eve party!
- Pizza Sauce: I went with the Prego brand pizzeria style pizza sauce; however, any pizza sauce of your choice will work.
- Cream Cheese: This helps create a creamy texture, especially when combined with the other cheese. For easier mixing, use softened cream cheese (room temperature).
- Mozzarella Cheese: A heaping serving of shredded mozzarella cheese is added with the cream cheese mixture for an irresistible crockpot pepperoni pizza dip.
- Pepperoni: You can get the original size which will be quartered, or also use the bite-size pepperoni.
- Seasonings: Classic to any pizza-style dish are Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Those two flavors put the final touches on this amazing dip.
Step One – Using a sharp kitchen knife (or a good pair of kitchen scissors), quarter the pepperonis.
Step Two – Add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker.
Step Three – Stir the ingredients until everything is combined well.
Step Four – Cook on HIGH for 1 hour, stirring after 30 minutes.
How to serve
- If you’re taking this dip to a party or potluck, you can leave it in the slow cooker and provide dip-friendly sides such as pita chips, pita bread, wheat thins, bread sticks, garlic bread, crackers, or tortilla chips.
- This crock pot pizza dip can also be served as a topping for nachos. After adding a nice helping on top of a bed of tortilla chips, you can add other nacho-like toppings such as black olives, sour cream, diced bell pepper, and jalapenos.
- Pizza dip can also be added to other pizza toppings. A dollop of this dip can add an extra flavor, or better yet, use it to dip your pizza or bread sticks in.
- Add meat: To make this crock pot pizza dip a bit more hearty, consider adding beef, turkey, or Italian sausage.
- Supreme pizza dip: Go all out and make this pizza dip supreme by adding black olives, diced tomatoes, mushrooms, chopped green bell peppers, onions, and extra cheese.
- Hawaiian pizza dip: In addition to adding meat like ham or bacon, top it off with chopped pineapple. The sweet flavor of the pineapple fruit will add an entirely new and yummy taste.
- BBQ chicken dip: There are two options for turning this pizza dip into barbeque chicken dip. You can add bbq-flavored chicken and keep the rest of the ingredients the same. Or, you can exchange the pizza sauce for barbecue sauce and keep the remaining ingredients the same.
Since this pizza dip is best served warm, it’s a good idea to make it no more than a couple of hours before it is served. It will keep in the slow cooker on the warm setting for at least 2 hours after cooking.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container. When reheating, it’s best to do it on a low setting on the stovetop.
Absolutely! Pepper jack would add a soft kick. Cheddar cheese is also another great option.
Want to make more magic in your crockpot? Stay up to date and subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Tik Tok, and YouTube.
Slow Cooker Pizza Dip
This crockpot pizza dip is so easy to make and only takes 6 ingredients. It can be ready in an hour and is a great appetizer for get-togethers!
Share by Text
Cut the pepperoni slices into quarters.
Add all of the ingredients into the crockpot and stir.
Cook on high for 1 hour, stirring after 30 minutes.
Serve hot with your favorite crackers or chips.
Prevent your screen from going dark
- Since this pizza dip is best served warm, it’s a good idea to make it no more than a couple of hours before it will be served. It will keep in the slow cooker on the warm setting for at least 2 hours after cooking.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container. When reheating, it’s best to do it on a low setting on the stovetop.
- Pepper jack would add a soft kick. Cheddar cheese is also another great option.
Calories: 295kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 772mg | Potassium: 298mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1049IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 239mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.
More Slow Cooker Dip Recipes